During my journey to joy, I’ve written down many of my favorite scriptures. So many in fact that I’ve ran through many many pieces of paper and instead have decided to collect my favorites here on Bloom & Grow.
All verses are added here in New International Version (NIV) or East-To-Read Version (ERV)
- Matthew 7:12 – So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.
- Proverbs 3:5 – Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
- Ephesians 4:26 – “In your anger to not sin” Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry.
- Ephesians 4:31-32 – Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
- John 8:12 – When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
- Matthew 7:13-14 – Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
- Romans 10:4 – Christ ended the law so that everyone who believes in Him is made right with God.
- John 14:27 – Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
- Romans 10:8-9 – God’s teaching is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart. It is the teching of faith that we tell people. If you openly say, “Jesus is Lord” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from death, you will be saved.
- Ephesians 2:4-5 – But becuse of His great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead with transgressions – it is by grace you have been saved.
- Matthew 6:14-15 – For is you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.
- Mark 11:24-25 – Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.
- Thessalonians 5:16-18 Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
- James 5:19-20 – My brothers and sisters, if one of you should wander from the truth and someone should bring that person back, remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of their way will save them from death and cover over a multitude of sins.
- Matthew 7:6 – Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.
- Psalm 105:5 – Remember the wonders He has done, His miracles, and the judgements he pronounced.
- 2 Corinthians 2:7 – Now instead, you ought to forgive and comfort him, so that he will not be overwhelmed by excessive sorrow.
- Luke 17:4 – Even if they sin against you seven times in a day and seven times come back to you saying, “I repent,” you must forgive them.
- James 4:8 – Come near to God and He will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
- Matthew 11:28 – “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”
- Galatians 6:9 – Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
- Matthew 6:26 – Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?
- Timothy 1:7 – For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.
- Proverbs 10:12 – Hatred stirs up conflict, but love covers over all wrongs.
- Proverbs 16:9 – In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps.
- Jeremiah 29:11 – “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”